How To Download Mods For Halo: Combat Evolved Demo
Hey everyone, welcome back. I told you how to download the Halo: Combat Evolved Demo, but I didn’t tell you how to get mods. Just to recap, Halo Demo is awesome! I completely recommend it because it’s free, and it’s so much fun! Okay, so you may be wondering, “This guy’s crazy about mods. What are they, and why are they so great?” Well you know what they are? Mods are modifications you can add to your game! You can add new levels, more weapons, just about anything. So now you want to know how to get them. Well you’re in luck, because that’s what this post is about. Here are step-by-step instructions of how to get mods. (Don’t worry, it’s not hard.)
- Visit HaloDemoMods.com
- Find a mod you want, and click “Download” Make sure to get a mod that your computer can run. Example: Don’t download a PC mod if you have a Mac. Duh!
- Open your Halo Demo application folder.
- Open the Maps folder that you see inside.
- Create a new folder called “originals”.
- Inside the Maps folder, you’ll see a file called “bloodgulch.map”. Put this map file into the “originals” folder.
- Download a mod for Halo Demo. Open/unstuff the downloaded file until you see a file ending in “.map”.
- Drag this modded map file into your Maps folder.
- Make sure the mod file is called “bloodgulch.map” – rename it if necessary.
Just a note: If you download some certain kinds of mods, anyone else who plays with you on multiplayer will have to have that mod, otherwise their game will crash.
Oh, and since I’m so nice, I’ll tell you my favorite mod that you can download right here. The mod is called TriForce, and it lets you start out with a pistol, a shotgun, and a sniper. Click here to download it.